Belden will at this year’s Hanover Fair, showcase its range of world-class networking, cabling and connectivity solutions for mission critical applications in alternative energy, safe railway transport systems and reliable energy-efficient data center management, as well as solutions for wireless networking and connectivity.
During the show Belden, located in hall 9 booth D24, will highlight a number of solutions for challenging applications, using specialized products from its Belden, Hirschmann and Lumberg Automation branded ranges.
A key focus will be the Smart Factory. Aligned with Industry 4.0, the Smart Factory initiative sets out to create fully flexible production lines. This makes it possible to produce unlimited variations of models on the same line. To do so effectively requires smarter machines, able to adapt immediately to changed requirements and communicate with each other throughout the value stream. The fair will feature a live demo production line to show how the company’s latest modules respond as changes occur during production.
Visitors to the Belden booth D24 in Hall 9 will also be able to learn more about the company’s latest products. These include:
• HiLCOS 8.9 – the latest version of WLAN firmware to manage Hirschmann’s highly successful range of OpenBAT industrial wireless devices. As an industry first it incorporates Parallel Redundancy Protocol (PRP) technology into a wireless product. Key benefits include increased reliability, savings on hardware as well as faster and easier management.
• BAT Planner pro – new professional planning software for the design and simulation of wireless networks based on the 802.11 standard. It is a new easy-to use design tool that goes beyond the well-established Hirschmann BAT Planner – adding new functionalities and levels of support. Key benefits include improved efficiency, cost and time savings and better planning for increased network uptime.
• SPIDER II 16TX EEC and SPIDER II 16TX/2DS-S EE – new entry-level switches to enable economic data communication solutions in harsh or potentially hazardous industrial environments. The strong metal housing, extra-wide operating temperature range, redundant power supply, ATEX and ISA 12.12..01 certifications guarantee a high level of reliability. Key benefits include:
o 16 Fast Ethernet ports per switch for a highly competitive price per port
o Maximum flexibility provided by dual-speed optical uplinks for Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet SFP transceivers
o Wide range of applications, due to the robust design and approvals for use in potentially hazardous areas
• DataTuff Industrial Ethernet Cables and Connectivity – best fit for all Industrial Ethernet applications. Designed and manufactured to the highest standards, for use in harsh and/or extreme environments, the exceptionally robust Belden DataTuff Industrial Ethernet cable and connectivity range is able to guarantee the highest levels of reliability, quality and performance. Key benefits include maximum system reliability thanks to robust design and wide range of solutions from a single source supplier to ensure best possible fit for maximum flexibility.
• Passive Rugged Distribution Boxes ASB-R – new rugged distribution boxes from Lumberg Automation, designed to withstand shavings, welding sparks, aggressive coolants, lubricants, as well as shock and vibration. Available in more than twenty versions, these distribution boxes permit reliable connections to actuators and sensors, even in the most demanding environments. Key benefits are minimized machine downtime maximized machine uptime, fast and easy installation, saving time – and minimum maintenance and space requirements, saving costs.
• LioN-R Profibus Modules – new robust I/O Network-Ruggedized (LioN-R) modules from Lumberg Automation that allow actuators and sensors to be connected reliably to controllers via PROFIBUS-DP. Key benefits include increased productivity of machines and systems, functional reliability, reduced time and effort required for installation, maintenance and storage.
• Belden RailTuff CAT 7 Ethernet Data Cable – designed specifically for the passenger railway market. This 10 GB/s high performance cable BE 43802 offers greater bandwidth for growing data volumes and future applications. The halogen-free flame and oil resistant cable is a particularly safe option for use in passenger railway systems thanks to its exceptional heat resistance. Key benefits include passenger safety and operational efficiency.
[info] http://www.belden.com/ [/info]