Servo motors are often connected with M23 connectors – these compact connectors they have become more established as standards rather than terminal boxes. They are by far the most common connection system. Murrelektronik will soon offer power cables and signal cables (size 1.0) in top quality. They are perfectly sealed, resistant to shock and vibration, can be easily mounted and they are tamper-proof.
M23 cordsets are available with orange jackets as power cables and with a green jacket for signals. They are an established solution for connecting servo motors with connector size 1.0. So far, you had to wire connector solutions for M23 applications from many individual parts. However, this solution wasn’t good enough: many users complain about lacking seal, inadequate behavior when exposed to shock and vibration and time-consuming and inconvenient assembly.
Murrelektronik offers M8 and M12 connectors for the sensor/actuator level that solve these problems. The expert knowledge gained with these connectors has been the basis for the development and production of Murrelektronik’s new M23 connectors for the interface between servo controllers and servo motors.
In the first step, Murrelektronik will produce cables that connect Siemens servo controllers to Siemens motors. M23 connectors with different contact layouts will be available for the motor side. For the servo controller side, power cables with precise connectors for Siemens controllers and various pre-wired or open ended wires are offered; signal cables are equipped with Sub-D connectors. A large number of Drive Cliq connectors will also be available.
Murrelektronik’s M23 connectors are an excellent solution for connecting servo motors to servo controllers.
They ensure perfect seal: a very resistant and halogen-free PUR molding ensure sealed connections according to IP67/68. The cables are firmly connected to the connector housing which ensures maximum strain relief. The screw thread enables simple, safe and sealed assembly – carried out, of course, with the torque wrench and not with a pipe wrench. By using the torque wrench, you make sure that the connections are perfectly tightened with a pre-defined torque. And the installation is simplified, even in spaces that are difficult to reach.
Shock and vibration are no longer an issue: the connectors feature an integrated anti-vibration locking. This mechanism prevents the connectors from loosening and ensures permanently sealed connections. The benefit: no retightening and no maintenance required.
Easy assembly without wiring errors: The cables are firmly molded and 100% tested which makes them tamper-proof. This increases system safety and reduces sources of error. Coding arrows are a visual installation aid.
But this is not all: Murrelektronik’s M23 connectors offer many more appealing features:
– A 360° shielding and the ESD discharging characteristics of the molding guarantee high EMC immunity.
– Weight reduced by 30% means less total weight, an interesting feature for applications with servo motors on movable slides.
– A corrugated tubing connection is integrated. Dirt often requires the use of corrugated tubing. The Murrelektronik solution works without having to use adapters and cable ties – a convenient feature for customers that prefer installations with corrugated tubing.
– The cable quality is excellent, Murrelektronik only uses high-quality PUR cables. They correspond to the quality of Siemens MC800+ cables
– Clear article numbers, meaning the Siemens part numbers, are 1:1 included in the Murrelektronik numbers, to ensure easy cross-referencing.
– Murrelektronik produces in steps of 10 centimeters, from 1 piece order quantity
Did You Know?
– Each Murrelektronik connector is 100% tested:
– Electrical test
– High voltage test
– Function check
– Pin assignment test
– Short circuit test
– Visual control
Top Quality Cables
– flame-retardant, halogen-free, resistant to oil and chemicals
– Approved acc. to VDE, CSA and UL
– Temperature range from -35°C to +70°C
– 5 million bending cycles
– Acceleration: 50 m/s²
-Bend radius: 7 x outer diameter
– Corresponding to MC800+
[info] www.murrelektronik.com [/info]