The Liquiphant has been installed six million times worldwide. Once developed as a new measuring principle for customer challenges in the 1980s, it is regarded as one of the most reliable point level detectors in industrial plants. The latest generation of devices is now ready for Industry 4.0.
Whether as overfill protection or dry run protection, the Liquiphant today performs many tasks in the automation of processes. But even the most simple measuring principles have to adapt to digital change. It was time to equip the sensor for the tasks of tomorrow. Those who prepare their company for the digital age today will optimize their field level as well as their information technology. This requires sensors that provide relevant data in order to initiate process optimization.
All the digital innovations of the new generation of devices serve only the purpose of simplifying human work. The Liquiphant is used in storage tanks and pipelines for level measurement of any liquids. The all-rounder also works where other measuring principles reach their limits due to conductivity, flows or air bubbles. The Liquiphant has already been developed according to IEC 61508 and the “Safety by design” principle and is therefore designed for use in SIL2 and SIL3 applications.
More Industry 4.0
In the technology roadmap to “Process sensors 4.0” NAMUR demands that a second, mobile way to communicate with the sensor must be opened and that the sensor provides information for preventive maintenance and process optimization. Furthermore product information such as manuals or certificates must be available on site at all times. Operators can now communicate with the Liquiphant and the SmartBlue App from Endress+Hauser. The app provides access to all product and diagnostic data.
The new generation
Especially in hard-to-reach areas, where scaffolding has to be provided for maintenance, this speeds up the inspection of systems considerably. The new Liquiphant displays the status of the level switch via LED or via the diagnostic function of Heartbeat Technology in the SmartBlue App. In addition verification via Heartbeat Technology enables complete documentation. The newly implemented SIL Wizard also guides the user through the recurring test in an uncomplicated manner.
• Simple commissioning without adjustment for various media
• Universal measuring principle for usage in all kind of liquids
• Maximum safety with Heartbeat Technology through real-time diagnosis of corrosion
• Verification without process interruption thanks to Heartbeat Technology
• Proof test at the push of a button from the control room or directly at the device
• Safety by design: developed according to IEC 61508 for direct usage in SIL2 and SIL3 applications in homogeneous redundancy
• Bluetooth Technology® access via a mobile device to identify, to check the status and to access documentations
• Minimum maintenance effort: The recurrent proof test according to SIL and WHG can be carried out at the push of a button without removal. A simple and intuitively guided wizard in the SmartBlue App ensures correct execution.