Delta, a world-class provider of industrial automation solutions, will officially launch its new integrated engineering software DIAStudio Smart Machine Suite along with a broad range of advanced automation products at this year’s SPS—Smart Production Solutions in Nuremberg, Germany. The DIAStudio Smart Machine Suite provides an all-in-one platform for selecting models, programming (IEC61131-3 standard), and setting up PLCs, HMIs, drives, and more to enable effective, time-efficient machinery systems development. In addition to this new software, Delta will also be exhibiting its industrial power supplies and automation products, including the new DMV3000G-series machine vision system which supports up to two cameras with GigE interfaces for precise color, shape, position inspection, quality assurance, and other critical tasks for smart equipment and production lines.
“This year’s SPS in Nuremberg is very exciting because we’re unveiling a new software suite that is going to save users mountains of time designing automation systems in factory settings all over the world. The great thing about the DIAStudio software is that it puts detailed technical information on Delta products right at the engineer’s fingertips and allows them to use it seamlessly in the engineering process. You can literally click together the desired Delta products and their parameters, then send all that data on to your CAD software. We’re also exhibiting our line of cutting-edge machine vision products that are used on production lines in conjunction with robots.” said Patrik Hug, Senior Director of Industrial Automation for Delta in Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA).
The DIAStudio Smart Machine Suite is an all-in-one engineering software designed to save time and simplify the machine setup process. Tasks such as product selection (including Delta HMIs, PLCs, servo drives, and AC motor drives), PLC programming, quantitative parameter setting, machine tuning, and HMI integration can all be executed seamlessly with the following DIAStudio tools:
• DIASelector is an application for PCs and Android mobile devices that allows the user to select specific components of the machine system.
• DIADesigner picks up after a few intermediate steps in the engineering process have been completed.
• DIAScreen then lets users share tags between PLCs and HMIs or text panels to complete the operation interface.
For advanced engineering and integration of industrial equipment, Delta will showcase various automation products and industry-specific solutions including:
• DMV3000G-series machine vision system: Delta offers a broad portfolio of machine vision products that are ideal for specific automation applications. The DMV3000G series is a multi-tasking machine vision system. It features built-in image inspection tools and supports up to two cameras with GigE interface for precise measurement / inspection of colors, dimensions, shapes, stains, barcodes, characters, and position, as well as quality assurance checks and many applications for smart equipment and production lines.
• Compact M300-series vector control drives: Delta’s M300 series represents the latest generation of compact vector control drives. This series includes the high-performance MH300 series with output frequencies of up to 2,000 Hz and built-in, 10k-step PLC functions; the standard MS300 series with output frequencies up to 1,500 Hz, and the IP66 models for applications in harsh environments. The basic ME300 series supports pulse/PWM input as frequency command and multi-pump control capability. All 300-series units are compact, support PM motors, and have built-in safe torque off (STO) functions.
• The multi-pump control & drive solution comes with a demo, which adopts only one CP2000-series fan/pump vector control drive to control four water pumps simultaneously. It simulates real-world water treatment and HVAC system applications and performs multi-pump drive / pump operation in sequence thanks to the built-in PLC features of the CP2000 series and various fan/pump control modes for up to eight devices.
• The machining center solution for woodworking performs precise cutting, engraving and other processing with a PC-based CNC controller and the new Industrial Motion Platform (IPM) as core control. This solution is highly integrated with AC servo drives, remote I/O modules, and motor drives based on EtherCAT.