As the rise of automation continues across various industries, businesses are seeking innovative, easy-to-integrate robotic solutions to improve operational efficiency, cost savings and throughput. Dedicated to making robot integration simple for all users, Epson Robots, the #1 SCARA robot manufacturer in the world, today expanded its VT6L-Series lineup with the VT6L-DC All-in-One 6-Axis Robot and increased the functionality of its no-code, easy-to-use Epson RC+® Express programming software.
A DC-powered version of the VT6L, the new VT6L-DC All-in-One 6-Axis robot delivers next-level technology and is ideal for mobile solutions. Now, an industrial-grade, 6-axis robot can be mounted to an AMR (autonomous mobile robot) for warehousing applications or on a mobile platform to easily transport between workstations. The VT6L-DC offers the same powerful features found in Epson’s high-end robots, at an exceptional value. With a built-in controller, reach of up to 900 mm and a payload of up to 6 kg, it enables high throughput and operational flexibility in a space-saving design. The VT6L-DC comes equipped with two powerful development environments – Epson RC+ for full-featured, easy-to-learn programming and Epson RC+ Express for no-code programming.
Ideal for automation novices with little to no programming experience, Epson RC+ Express offers a simple, visual-based teaching environment, an easy-to-follow, block-style format, ready-to-use templates, and other time-saving features to get Epson SCARA and 6-Axis robots up and running fast. Previously available on select Epson robots, the intuitive software now works with hundreds of Epson SCARA and 6-Axis robots, from the All-in-One Series to the highest-performance GX- and C-Series. The software is equipped with time-saving features such as Epson proprietary Focus Assist technology with autogenerated fields for quick and easy setup, and a built-in 3D simulator to help visualize and fine-tune applications.
“As more businesses implement automation to address workforce challenges, Epson recognizes that more users require not only easy-of-use applications but also the flexibility to be mobile,” said Scott Marsic, group product manager, Epson Robots. “Epson is committed to providing a simplified automation experience. Solutions like the VT6L-DC empower warehousing, logistics and machine tending operators to move a traditional 6-Axis robot from place to place rather than mounting it in a single, stationary location. And, with simple, visual-based programming software like RC+ Express, users can get their robotic automation solutions up and running quickly.”
Additional VTL6-DC features include:
- SlimLine Design – compact wrist pitch enables access to hard-to-reach areas in confined spaces
- Fast, Easy Integration – installs in minutes; requires less time and money for system integration
- Integrated Vision Guidance Option – designed specifically for robot guidance; makes it easy to automate simple applications when vision is required
- Simplified Cabling – hollow end-of-arm design makes end-of-arm tooling easier than ever
- No Battery Required for Encoder – minimizes downtime and reduces overall cost of ownership
- Application Versatility – ideal for machine-tool and injection-molding load/unload, pick-and-place, dispensing and mobile applications
Additional RC+ Express features include:
- Simple to Navigate – clear, intuitive, visual user interface makes it easy to learn and manage key functions like jogging, gripper control and motion
- Common Application Templates Included – quickly create common pick-and-place, palletizing and depalletizing applications with ready-to-use template programs and tutorials
- Develop Applications with Low Risk – built-in 3D simulator lets you conveniently program and fine-tune applications before hardware setup; run robot at low power and speed in rehearsal mode when testing new programs
- Tablet-Based Windows® OS Environment –compatible with touchscreen devices, in addition to PCs, to easily create robot applications
- Low Total Cost of Ownership – Epson RC+ Express is included with robot purchases and no recurring licensing fees
Comments are closed.