With the introduction of the BIR (Balluff Inductive Rapid Positioning System) product family, Balluff is launching a new inductive and extremely fast position measuring system – smart features included.
In addition to a high repeatability and measuring frequency of > 10 kHz, the BIR impresses with a large, adjustable measuring range and a particularly compact, flat housing with small blind zones.
The system is used in stamping presses, industrial robots, factory automation systems, and packaging lines, among others – in other words, wherever precision is required at high speed. BIR also plays to its strengths in the areas of laser cutting and 3D printing.
Ready for the factory of the future
The BIR features integrated temperature monitoring via IO-Link. The options for continuous condition monitoring, the flexible interfaces, and the simple parameterization and diagnostics via IO-Link reduce setup and changeover times. By facilitating troubleshooting, BIR contributes to avoiding the downtime of machines and equipment.
- High measuring frequency > 10 kHz
- Easy to integrate thanks to compact design with small blind zones
- Excellent price-performance ratio
- High resolution, repeatability and linearity
- Flexible interfaces (analog, IO-Link, SSI)
- Continuous condition monitoring